Thursday, August 2, 2007

ESPN loves lists. They are a lazy journalist’s best friend. (Yes, I know I wrote a list yesterday, I am not trying to be the exception.)

Anyway, ESPN currently has a Page 2 list of the “Cantonized” or current NFL players with a “ticket for Canton”. Anyway, I decided to take a peak. Starting off the list is 3 QB’s, Farve, Brady, and Manning. At some point in my life I am going to Canton to check it off my list, and I think I’m going to wait till the weekend Thomas Edward Brady is inducted. The only reason I’m writing about the list is that we are pretty well represented on the list, both current Patriots or former Patriots on the list.

Incase you were curious, here are the “Cantonized” Patriots.

2. Tom Brady
6. Richard Seymour
10. Adam something, used to kick for us?
14. Junior Seau
33. Randy Moss
35. Ty Law

Not to shabby. They then had a list of “on the bubble” and here is what read for Rodney Harrison.

Dirty player or ultimate glue guy? Harrison has been called both. He's the NFL career leader in sacks by a defensive back. As a Charger in 1997, he became the first player to score a touchdown on a fumble return, interception return and kickoff return in the same season. Harrison has raised his game in the playoffs, with six interceptions in six playoff games in the Patriots' Super Bowl runs in the 2003 and '04 seasons. He already has two Super Bowl rings. Would a third seal his enshrinement?

So, I guess the moral of the story is, we need to win another Super Bowl to get Mr. Harrison his ticket to Canton.

PS. I'm kind of surprised Corey didn't get a mention, he's 14th all time in rushing.

PPS. Asante, see your name there? Nope? Get on the freaking plane.

No comments: