Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I'm backk...

After 8 long days without internet AND cable TV with the exceptions of some sneaking done at the Sheraton I am back thanks to the shady internet guy who came today and and the new roommate who figured out how to get my wireless internet working.


Anyway, for the last week + I have been like a junkie in need of heroin. Through phone calls, texts, bits and pieces of info through the Chicago news (for some reason we get there here), and the occasional break from high school football in the local paper, I have been without sports. I haven't seen Sportscenter, I haven't seen the Sox play except for when we could pick up Maryland TV in the Outerbanks last weekend, (I saw the O's first walkoff), I haven't read Rob Bradford...it has been a cold dark world. It's also been a kind of stress free world. I haven't been on Tom Brady Baby Watch 24/7. I haven't spent nights worrying about our lack of offensive production. I haven't heard announcer after announcer complain about Manny playing too close to the wall. So, I don't know what is going on in the land of Boston sports, but I'm going to be working my way back. I'm trying to figure out how I can get the Patriots down here, I have mlb.tv thanks to Joe and Katie for the rest of the baseball season, and now I will back in the world of basegirls, surviving grady, papelblog, deadspin, onemoredyingquail, extra bases, eric wilbur, chad finn and everyone else that keeps me up to date one things. But I don't want to leave you with a boring entry about how I don' t have shit to tell you, so instead, I'll tell you a dream.

Last night, I didn't feel that well, and my mom and I have been sharing my full size bed till she goes back to Massachusetts. So, we are both laying there unable to sleep, so she breaks out a xanyax for both of us. After about a half hour, we are still awake, so I break out a sleep aid. I passed out. At some point in the middle of the night, my Red Sox deprived sub conscience puts me at Fenway, and I decide I'm going to the clubhouse (now, I've been to the Press Box, EMC Club, and State Street Pavillion, so sneaking around Fenway isn't something new). Anyway, I get into the clubhouse, and am greeted by my college friends, who I don't see nearly enough, Katelyn and Freddie, who tell me that they do this all the time. I know that I have to find Jonathan Papelbon, and get my picture taken with him. I find him, he's as friendly as I would hope, and takes a picture with me, and proceeds to start making out with me. Then, he tells me has to go, and that he'll be back later. So, I need to call all my crazy Red Sox obsessed friends to share my ridiculous story. Of course, I can't find my cell phone in my dream. So I find Katelyn and Freddie, and Katelyn scolds me for making out with a married man. Then, I find Jeff, who I also graduated with and now coaches football at our college. He tells me that he now coaches the Red Sox, who now play football. (I think this must be where my lack of training camp coverage come in). I turn around to find Mike Lowell and Joshua Papelbon in shoulderpads, which, lets face it, Mike Lowell could totally play middle linebacker, Baby Papelbon, I'm not so sure. Anyway, I then turn around again, and it is my entire college football team (which, I was thier student athletic trainer), and Youk is yelling at me to tape his ankles and Sweeney (one of my footballers) is telling me that he should get to go before Youk. I then woke up.


Anyway, I'm glad I can rejoin the Nation starting today. I've missed being neurtoic, psychotic, and all the other good things that go along with being a Red Sox fan.

PS. I could not be more excited about this Patriots season. If I don't figure out a way to get the Patriots in NC I'm flying home every weekend.

PPS. Reggie Miller eh? I know I'm a week late but this Celtics off season is turning out to be a much better time then we first thought huh?

No comments: