Tuesday, February 12, 2008

From the mouths of babes...

I decided in a moment of weakness last night that I hated the wallpaper in my bathroom and it needed to go. Forgetting the facts that:

1. I rent.
2. I'm not big on hard work.
3. I don't know how to take off wallpaper.
4. I don't have any money at all to pay for paint and whatnot.
5. I hate painting.

Anyway, right now, I have half wallpaper covered bathroom, no shower curtain, and shards of wallpaper anyway, which is why I don't have a real live blog for you. But I leave you with this.

We play a game in my class sometimes called, "Red Sox Trivia" where, to kill a few extra minutes at the end of class, I make up questions and use questions from my Red Sox daily calender. Today, we were playing, and after we were done and recess began, my four sixth grade boys congregated around my desk to ask me questions. I shared with them the games I went to, and the player's I've either met or gone to the same event as. Showed them the pictures of me and Peter Gammons (they didn't know who he was!), the picture of me and Vince Wilfork, me and Craig Hansen, and me and LaKevin Washington (a back up back up to the back up d-lineman I believe). They were obviously impressed (like I don't impress them enough already). Anyway, they were asking me numbers of players, and finally, one, looks at me and goes, Miss, I know you don't know who number 86?" I'm thinking Ben is 84 and K. Brady is 88 and I don't there is anyone in the middle. Finally he goes, "Come on, he loves ketchup!". Yup, #86 is Hines Ward for the Steelers. Got to love kids.

No comments: