Thursday, September 6, 2007

Here we go again...

The Colts and Saints kick off the NFL season tonight, and I've been trying to get back in the football swing of things. Things haven't quite gotten off to a great start for the Pats, with Moss and Richard on the injury list and Rodney taking HGH and Tom possibly being distracted by baby drama. I'm not worried, I know that we are well coached, and that our game plan is going to be well thought out.

The thing is, I'm not sure that I'm ready for the stress. I've still got a baseball season to focus on.

And, I'm not quite over last season yet. I really thought we were getting 4 in 6 years. It had such a great ring to it. It said, dominance, it said, dynasty. I loved our team last year. I thought we were getting Corey one more ring and showing Larry how it is done in New England. After we dispelled the Chargers, I thought, there we go, that was it. And even when the Colts came back after that horrific Hobbs call and Peyton couldn't watch...I still thought, Tom will do it. Tom will get it done. We will not be beaten by the Colts in January. Then it happened, and I had a cold February to suffer through till the truck left for Spring Training.

Anyway, all this can be fixed of course, but even if we get to the promised land this year, I'll still be thinking...should have been 5 in 7 years.

Do I sound like a spoiled brat right now? Absolutely. But I am a Boston fan after all. And it is always about us.

No comments: