Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Road Trip: Cooperstown and Niagra Falls

Kerry and I left our lake house in NH at 5:30 on Thursday morning, picked up Colleen and her 34 Vera Bradley bags at 7:45, we were off to Cooperstown. We got there in a little under four hours, thanks to my fantastic navigation skills and superb parking job, we entered the hall about 12. As soon as we entered we realized our first mistake. Going during the summer. Little kids EVERYWHERE. Now I love little kids, but only if we share DNA. These little rugrats where everywhere, getting in my way, stepping on my feet, and standing in front of my camera. So, we immediately decided that if we ever go to Cooperstown again, we are going during the day, during the school year. Anyway, besides that, there is obviously a ton of cool stuff there, my favorite two items were the Cy Young jersey and THE sock. I have the complete album on my facebook, but here are a few of my favorite pictures. One thing I don’t like about the H of F is that there is so much stuff, it’s hard to walk through without the feeling that you just missed something important. The way the rooms are set up and the artifacts are arranged I think if confusing. Or I’m an idiot. Both are probably true. After Cooperstown we continued on our journey to Niagra Falls. This part of the trip took about four hours as well. We stayed at the Courtyard Marriot, went down and saw the falls, went on this really cool ferris wheel that gave both Kerry and Colleen panic attacks, had some shots, drinks and dinner at the Hard Rock CafĂ©, and went to bed because we, of course, had a lot of driving to do the next day.



No comments: