Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Afternoon fun:

*Deadspin has an email defending / but not really Ron Borges. I'm not introducing it well, but its worth the read.

*Tom Brady will not wear T. Brady because Kyle Brady is joining the team. And Tully Banta-Cain is a 49er, says Mike Reiss. (hopefully no more TBC means that we are going to get Patrick Willis first)

*Matsuzaka pitched again today.

*I enjoyed this story from Peter Gammon's blog:

No one is looking forward to the May 20 Braves series at Fenway Park more than Jeff Francoeur is. Look, he loves being a Brave. He grew up in Atlanta. But says, "I really always wanted to play for the Red Sox because of my family. I still use the Red Sox credit card my father gave me when I was 17. It's going to be great."

In 2002, Francoeur was considered unsignable because he was signed to play football and baseball at Clemson. However, before the draft, he reached a deal with the Red Sox, who were picking 57th. Atlanta scouting director Roy Clark found out, was able to get the money to sign Francoeur and took him at No. 23, ahead of Boston, which then took Jon Lester.

"My father [Dave] used to take the train from Springfield to Boston to see the Red Sox," says Francoeur. "He went to Chicopee Commerce. All the family's out there. My brother and sister were born up there, then my parents moved to Atlanta."

Talk about a perfect personality for Fenway Park… Team USA players like to tell the story of Francoeur confronting Alex Rodriguez during the WBC for trashing a clubhouse kid who brought him the wrong sandwich.

"It's going to be wild because of all the family I'll have there," he says. "Problem is, they'll all be rooting for the Red Sox."

*Also, Rob Bradford is coming home from spring training today, personally, I'm pretty sad about this. His blog has been unbelieveable.

No comments: