Friday, March 2, 2007

Oh, finally Friday. Woohoo! WKatie and I will be going to Game On to watch Dice-K take on the Eagles if anyone is interested in joining us. And yes, I am rocking my Matsuzaka jersey at work today.

Happy finally seeing Dice-K pitch day! Chad Finn said it better than I can, "I'm giddy with anticipation for Daisuke Matsuzaka's Red Sox debut tonight, and no, I don't care that it's against freakin' Boston College; he could be facing the Saugus Little Leaguers at this point, and after all these months of devouring the hype, intrigue, and grainy YouTube footage, I'd still be geeked to watch him finally take the mound in a Red Sox jersey."

Michael Marot of the AP has a great story on Patrick Willis, a LB out of Ole Miss that is getting a strong look from the Patriots. He seems like our kind of guy.

Mike Timlin has nicknamed Papelbon "Starter Boy". I wonder how he came up with that one. That is pure genius!

A-Rod needs to stop using his words. Here's a guy that should go with the Manny approach.
"I remember being 18, almost in tears," Rodriguez says. "... I just felt like, 'Get me back in my senior high school uniform.' Then sure enough (Piniella) gives me a big kiss on top of my head. He goes, 'Son, I love you. I love you. I just want you to do well. From that day on, for the next 12 years, he's been just like a father to me. Doing his own Piniella impersonation, A-Rod says, "'Come here son, let's work on your swing.' ... This is now 1 o'clock in the morning. I can remember it like it was yesterday. He (Piniella) will be there in his underwear and T-shirt, maybe smoking a cigarette, and we'll stay there until 2:30-3 o'clock in the morning talking about a swing."

I'd rather everyone didn't know that I had a colonoscopy. How come people call the Pirates the Bucs? I mean, I understand that a buccaneer is a type of Pirate. But it still doesn't make sense. A Yankee is a Northener, but we don't use that. A Marlin is a Fish but we don't call them the Fish. I think the whole thing is stupid.

File this one under bizarre. Greg Maddux likes to pee on people. "Maddux is a master of strategically timed nose picking, sidling up to an unsuspecting rookie in the shower and urinating on the kid's leg, and inventing just the right nickname for a teammate with big ears, a prominent schnozz or some other pronounced physical qualities. "

Okay, Rangers tickets are on sale. Trying to get opening day.

We're sorry, we were unable to process your request due to high transaction volumes. Please try to submit your request again.

I'll check back later.

No comments: