Sunday, June 3, 2007

*Doug Mientkiewicz was kept overnight at Mass General last night with a concussion, cervical sprain, and a broken wrist. I am absolutely, 100% shocked the Yankee trainer didn't collar and board him and send him directly to the ambulance. It was entirely possible with the way his neck twisted and hit the pavement that he had broken something. Red Sox MLB had this to say, "I feel bad for Doug. You don't want anything like that happening. We go way back, I mean, I played against him when I was 15 years old in high school. We hit together this offseason, and I've got a lot of respect for him."

*Lowell also took out Robinson Cano who thought it was a "dirty" play but Joe Torre thought it was fine. Not that I care what either one of them think. Also, it says here Michael has a WS ring from 1998 for playing a few games for the Yanks that year.
*Here's the game report on a rough one at the Fens yesterday, where Curt pitched good enough to lose.

No comments: