*To lead off for this latest batch of ramblings, some words about everyone's favorite dirt dog, who I did not talk nearly enough about this week. (I hate when my job gets in the way of my blogging).
- Being there when Trot was introduced quickly moved its way into my favorite Fenway moments. I won't keep you wondering...
1. The Sox coming back against the Yankees on Red Auerbach night and Ok-a-jima coming in for the save.
2. Walk off against the Texas Rangers last July.
3. First Red Sox game. 1990, and the Sox clinched the pennate.
4. Trot coming home.
5. Mother's Day walk-off earlier this year.
- I didn't get to see it till the next day, but the little ceremony for Trot and Kathryn honoring them for their work on the Jimmy Fund was nice. Dr. Steinberg loves stuff like that.
- Trot mic'd up for NESN before the game and him asking everyone whose path he crossed, "How's your family?" (how great is he?)
- I loved how Curt and Josh stood at the back of the mound and waited for Trot to get his ovation both of the first two games. Very nice.
- I did not love how Jonathan made the 9th interesting. So, we all know how Jonathan now comes into Wild Thing, and then when he gets to the mound, Shipping up to Boston comes on. Well, I guess the Shipping up to Boston thing was also Dr. Steinberg's idea...the thought Wild Thing wasn't indimidating enough. I could not disagree more. I was the 2nd Yankees game @ the Fens this year, and when Wild Thing came on, everyone went absolutely nuts, then, the song ended when the batter came up, and everyone kept singing another line or two. That, combined with the best closer in the game and a 96 mile an hour fastball is intimidating.
*As for the Red Sox, I mean, could anyone have wished for anything more 50 games in? I don't think so. Everything is just going well. I'm sure we'll cross our rough patches, but this team is the real deal. (::dodging lightening bolts::)
*Just for the record, I am 11-4 this season. After starting out 0-2, I have rebounded nicely. Also, I am 6-0 in May. That my friends, is a .733 winning percentage.
*Shaughnessy says that Red would have liked A-Rod's yell against the Jays. No word on whether he would have liked the blond.